Help make the holiday season bright for families and children in need. This year we are partnering up with Beach Bags, a program that provides shelf-stable meals and healthy snacks to students who might otherwise go hungry during weekends and over school breaks.
This is also a casual opportunity for lacrosse business professionals from the Tidewater area to come together, give back to the community and network. Light appetizers served.
Please feel free to stay and network or stop in and drop off your donation.
Per guidelines provided to us by the Food Bank, ten items are included in each Beach Bag:
· two 8 oz. shelf-stable milk cartons;
· two individual-sized cereal boxes or oatmeal packets (or one of each);
· two shelf-stable main course items (ravioli, spaghetti & meatballs, beef stew, chicken & dumplings, tuna/chunk chicken, macaroni & cheese, chunky soups, etc.);
· two 4 oz. fruit cups or individual-sized 100% juice boxes (or one of each); and
· two snack items (granola or cereal bars, raisins, pretzels, snack crackers, etc.).
They request easy-to-open items, as some students may be alone when they prepare their meals and may not have access to items to assist them with opening food cans. The dual purpose for offering smaller-sized cans and boxes is that they can be accommodated inside a student’s backpack for transport to their homes.
We are also looking for volunteers to help with event planning, collecting of donations and spreading the word. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Lacrosse Players with goals succeed because they know where they're going.
~ Felicity Luckey